February 10, 2022

HAWKING HIS WARES

 Honey color this morning. The Honey Man from Canton was selling this morning without his wife. I think she talks too much that he never gets a word in. This morning he was praising his products. He told me a whole list of ways to eat his good honey. Most I already knew, but when he suggested oatmeal, I tucked the thought in my mind. This morning, I spread my homemade stewed apples in the bottom of my oatmeal bowl. Then in went the oatmeal AND a swirl of honey instead of the usual sugar-sub. A little river of milk flowed around the mountain of goodness. And was it good?  Oh yeah. Try it, or maybe you have already discovered honey as a treat. It has to be a treat for me, but I tell myself, it is good for me. I have even -in the past been told it could cure what ails you. Would that be "sweet news?" Anyway, a little goes a long way with me and I kind of liked it on my oatmeal. 

BETTY (sweetly be) BOOP

No comments: