September 5, 2022

LOBOR DAY 2022


Labor Day was first celebrated on Sept. 5, 1882, to celebrate Labor. From there it has a long history. Read for yourself if you please. Here we just celebrate with a special lunch. I am going, wearing red, white, and blue (as requested) and will join my friend Judy and whoever wants to sit with us. MENU sounds good. Think I will try the BBQ Brisket. Although the GRILLED LEMON BASIL CHICKEN BREAST, or the APRICOT GINGER SALMON? Chef got carried away with his descriptions, I think. But, there is watermelon. Dessert instead of Peach Pie or Black Forest Cake. Oh, well, the sugar is not worth what it cost me. 

Cloudy and chance of rain. Balcony was perfect, as a gaggle of geese flew over, hummingbirds still fighting. and one lone walker. What oh what would I do without my beloved balcony? Nothing to write about, and nothing to mull over in such a beautiful place. No work for me anymore. So Happy Labor Day to all you workers, I will just work my brain and write about it.

BETTY (retired) BOOP

p. s. lucky me !!!!


 

No comments: