September 24, 2022

TRILLUM

 Birds singing reminded me of the second and last house we built. Oh, it was grand. Room for everything and everybody. Most of all the Lake and the little patch of woods with many trees. I was in a Bird Sanctuary. I did love our many years there. Next door, wonderful neighbors who were enthusiastic about nature. She taught me much about the many little wildflowers that grew in my woods. To her there were no weeds, just wildflowers. One I remember most was Trilium. A surprising little plant that popped up in many places every year. Also. Johnny-Jump-ups. And many others I cannot remember the names. She was a wonder to me. We carried on the tradition and planted anything Truman brought back from his hunting trips. Anyway, I remember the birds singing there and have such wonderful memories of that place.

BETTY (Truman was a country boy)

p. s. the best kind!!

No comments: