September 3, 2018

FIND A SHADY SPOT

Running a little late.  Holiday you know.  Just like that means something to me.  Every day is a holiday here.  Cruise ship and all.  Hey, I had to hunt a shady spot behind a post on the Balcony.  Cool soft breeze helped.  Many thoughts this morning.  I arranged "my" hall table yesterday afternoon. I love my little racoon guys that I bought a few years ago at the closet sale.  A friend put them there because a foot was chipped on one.  I painted it black where it was chipped and he was good to go.  She comes and visits them every year.  I have acorns, pine cones, pieces of limbs, fake fall leaves and a beautiful arrangement in a green pitcher from Amy.  All looking like and waiting for the real leaves to turn and fall.  I was pleased with it.  I enjoy decorating the hall table about once a month or when the season changes. 

Labor day, always baffled me as a child.  Why celebrate work, I thought.  Getting older and wiser changes everything.  Well not everything.  Some things remain steadfast.  Thank you Lord for that.  Take memories--yes take them and cherish  them.  I know I seem to be obsessed with them.  Please pardon me but as you get older they seem more important.  I feel I must write them down.

Betty Boop

No comments: