September 18, 2018

PINE THICKET, TOMATO, SQUASH and OKRA.

Funny title?  Let me explain.  I remember as I look out at from my Balcony.  Looking at the stand of 12 pine trees.  I have become attached to them.  This morning a strange sounding bird sang franticly Never heard him before.  Then my mind went to Truman's mother.  Great Lady!!  She called a group of pine trees a thicket.  I remember another thicket at country cousin's house.  We swept a spot clean there and made a play house.  I am sure my memory has changed, but that little playhouse is still in my memory.  I also want to explain the rest of the title.  Jan brought me the perfect tomato yesterday. I had a beautiful BLT for supper-minus the lettuce. This morning I had a  scrambled egg and turkey bacon, . And a slice of tomato. , toast,coffee and time on the Balcony.  What a start!!.  The okra and squash will be another treat with my juicy tomato.  Maybe some left for another small treat   I know how to use a big tomato. Life is good.

Betty Boop

No comments: