April 12, 2020

EASTER SUNDAY

This Easter dawns cloudy with threats of bad weather to come later.  No Easter Egg hunts.  I don't think many were planned anyway this year.  When I was a very small girl, I only understood pretty dresses and white shoes and baskets filled with goodies.  Of course I grew to understand the real meaning as I was taught to know it is a glorious day to celebrate. Maybe some will still have egg hunts for their kids when this time comes to an end.  I remember one "Easter" outfit I had as a child.  It was white taffeta with lovely little sprigs of pink flowers and the very popular sash to tie in the back in a big bow.  Oh it was so pretty and would shish when I spun around
And it was "bought-in-store."  Rare for me then.  I also remember the fun and pleasure I had dressing my little girls in pretty dresses.  Some of them I sewed myself and some bought at McRae's or the popular SUDIE's in Fondren.   Ah!! Memories again.

HAPPY EASTER
Betty Boop

No comments: