April 24, 2020

MY OWN PARADE

I have my own balcony seat for the parade.  It is a beautiful day at SCV.  Sun is shinning, all is well.  I can observe what passes by in comfort.  Coffee and cheese and TRISKET in hand, I sit down. Bitsy watches from other side of screen door.  I see under my balcony on the sidewalk that family of Canada Geese.  A lady strides by, confident she is safe.  Papa goose raises his long neck in defense.  She strides on not giving him a chance to act.  Then came another lady with her camera in hand.  Stops and papa goose gives her a stare and thought it over, and poses for picture with his neck extended.  Sign of danger-better hurry the photo.  Then along came a lady riding a three wheel bike.  He decides it is o.k., since it is bigger than him.  One of the siblings flew off.  He struts and feels secure again.  The sun got so hot for me that I gave up watching.  Since Balcony watching is not new to me, I will keep it up.  I see a lot this  way.

Betty (Your friendly reporter) Boop

No comments: