April 28, 2020

MAKING MY DAY

Sometime you just have to take it in your own hands. Right?  I just slipped a Mississippi sweet potato (is there another kind?) in the oven wrapped in foil the old fashioned way.  I am today preparing my own lunch.  Actually you can call this dinner at lunch time.  Jan found  a very small cabbage, at my request, at Kroger.  I will cook it the old fashioned way too.   Boil it with a small amount of ham chipped up.  No hambone as I usually like.  I make chicken and dumplings with whole  wheat tortillas.  Cooked the chicken thighs a few days ago and took off bone and froze the meat in their own broth, which I will use to cook dumplings in.  My own cornbread (without sugar.)  My it will all be good, so I invite you over.  Or make some for yourself.  Also I put old Willie Nelson  on singing with his friend Merle Haggard.  What a pair!!  I just picked up clean linen at my door.  Did SCV TV program and ended it with daily stretching exercise and our resident couple who play for our Choir and other things. They played WISPERING HOPE.  So pretty and takes me back a way. So you see, I am making my day.  Glad I can do that.

Betty (CROCKER) Boop

1 comment:

Karen Buffington said...

Sounds like you're having a good day