November 18, 2020

43 is chilly

 But beautiful day.  Tall pines with a blue background.  No clouds yet.  I sit this morning on the South end of Balcony.  The sun hits it first. I look at the tall, bare limbs of the Chinese Talo(sp)? Tree  Just a few a few days ago it was a beauty.  We planted one on Riverwood, I always loved it.  I wonder if it still lives.  T. also planted a Maple tree.  They  don't grow here as well as up North, but is was growing slow the last time I saw it.  Truman liked trees, he knew the names of many.  I think he loved hunting because of the woods.  Hunting as a boy and later as a man.  He would always bring some sort of a plant or tree to plant or for me to see  I think boys need to grow up in the country like he did, or at least spend some  time there. In many ways it made him the man he was.  We were married November 23, 1946.  How long ago was that?  A life time!!

Betty Boop


Betty Boop  

No comments: