November 30, 2020

41 Shiver me timbers

I will have to look that old saying up.  But it is obvious what it means.  Stepped out to check and 41 and wind blowing a little, it was too much for my "timbers"   Weather man, David Hartman just can't wait to say that each winter  I had a LINDA breakfast ----3 minute egg in a bowl of grits.  No wash up.  

I had a wonderful surprise yesterday afternoon.  Each Christmas for a long time, my Boys (three of the best son-in-laws you could imagine always paid me a visit and brought very thoughtful gifts to me.   Best part is always a final hug and "I love you."  This year I had decided it could not happen this year when they surprised me with a Zoom visit with all three.  We enjoyed seeing each other and got caught up on their news.  It can be done if you really care and try.  Nothing could have pleased me more.  Oh, yes the present was always so well loved. This year they sent  Dolly Parton's  new Christmas album.  On it she sings duets with Michael Buble', Jimmy Fallon, Billy Ray Cyrus ,Willie Nelson, Randy Parton. All it lacked was Josh Groban. !!!!What more could I ask for.  They, the boys, are truly  one of many blessings.

Betty Boop     

1 comment:

T said...

World's Greatest Mother-In-Law!! from your favorite son-in-law...T !!!