October 1, 2022

MIND YOUR MANNERS

I had lunch in dining room yesterday. First time in a while to actually sit in there and be waited on by friendly ladies. Was kind of nice. My tablemates were two neighbors and another dear friend. I was very aware of my neglected best table manners. I have been for so long, doing things that are not exactly pretty. Like sticking my finger in my mouth to dislodge food and forgetting to dab my lips properly. Other little things I am sure were not nice to look at. So. it was good in a lot of ways for me to get back on track. I miss others telling their woes and joys. One lady was a little annoying, when she got into Jackson politics. Apparently, she listens to too much TV. But she did make a lot of sense. I kept very quiet on that subject. Jackson was my home all my life and I still love it. This lady was from way up there in the "Delta" and so out of reach with Jackson. Oh, well, I forgave her and kept my opinion to myself. You know, I have my opinion of those gentile Delta Ladies. I know some who are so nice and some think there is no other place in the world, except the DELTA!!

BETTY (forgive me) BOOP

p. s. now who is predigest? 


No comments: