October 8, 2022

SOMETHING NEW ??

Usually there is something new. Things you may not look at. But to me I observe a lot. MR. FLOWERPOT HAT STROLLED BY, wearing a new hat. It was just the same style, but in a new color. Black instead of tan. Is it for Winter? I hope they come in more colors, and I will see maybe red or blue. TAMMY came right on his heels with her Tam-o-Shanty hat. She wears a red sweatshirt too. It was a nice morning to walk. I am enjoying the new pot of Mums. Yellow is so cheerful. Hot pink Geranium is at its peak as the birds dine on Rye toast crumbs underneath it's many blooms. Well here comes the sun, another beauty of a day. Good Fair weather. All without me. That is fine with me, as I have my memories of the Fair. Does anyone remember sawdust on the midway? I do. I remember the sounds of the Hawkers trying to lure into the side shows. I remember the Malones Taffy candy. I remember the displays of the 4H clubs, the Merry-go-round. The fear of the Ferris wheel, And the many places to sit down and eat, hot dogs, and hamburgers. And the Freak Shows!!  I remember and I am sure It is better in my mind than it really was. 

BETTY (MEET ME AT THE FAIR) BOOP

p. s. no let us just remember!!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember all of that. My best memory was the pineapple whip in the cone. Ivey