October 26, 2022

THOSE OR THEM??

I am talking of GRITS this morning. Southern girl, and not too bright, I don't really know what is proper sometime. But being a Southerner, does it matter? I had grits in the Cyber. Don't keep them in my pantry anymore, when I can get an occasional cup in the Cyber in the cute little restaurant bowls of olden days. My Daddy used to bring left pieces of dishes from Restaurant's where he installed fixtures that he crafted from his work as a Cabinet Maker. He was good at his work. Those little bowls were priceless, since you could not buy restaurant crockery in those days. They served soup. and gravy and sauces in them--still do, I guess. I don't know how to address "grits". Do you say-them, those or what? My head is spinning--just give me some grits in a little crockery white bowl, hot with plenty of butter, and I will settle down and shut up. 

BETTY(it is still early) BOOP

p. s. just a lill' ole' southern girl!!
 

No comments: