October 7, 2022

SCORN OF THE SLEEVE

If you have ever prepared breakfast in your robe, you know what I mean. Those winter type robes of course have long sleeves, often flared at the bottom of sleeve. Just waiting to hang on something. Mine glided sharply onto the handle of Miss Gevia, all freshly washed (thank goodness) and drying on a towel. She was rudely yanked to the tile floor and smashed to bits. Oh, no, how sad and what a mess. I did get it cleaned and remembered a spare Mr. Coffee carafe I saved. Would it fit? I gently slide him into place, filled with clear water, Ah Ha !! in he went. She pulled back a moment and then--perfect fit. I turned it on with a little water added to see if it would work. And it did.!!!   So now Mr. Coffee and Miss Givia are now joined in what I hope is a happy marriage. Not a happy start to the day, but it turned out good.

I had a good day yesterday as A. and I went to see my eye Dr. He said I was doing very well, and I was happy to be holding on. My pressure in both eyes were as good as could be expected after all they have been through. Cheered on, we had lunch at SAL & PHILS. Best BAKED GROUPER. Then to add icying on the cake Fresh Market had beautiful MUMS, yellow, I bought a big pot for my Balcony, plus 2 tiny pumpkins--white and orange. So cute at my door table. Made me happy. Thank you, daughter, # 3.

BETTY (all things beautiful) BOOP

p. s. SIEZE THE DAY


 

 

No comments: