March 3, 2019

KING CAKE

King cake, we celebrate with colors including purple--so here we go.  Today before Church, we will have coffee, and King Cake. What does that have to do with Church, asked Jan.?  Nothing I guess.  Lent is somewhere in the mix, but nothing wrong with a little fun fellowship.  Rainy day may take a tole on the already small crowd, hope not.  We will celebrate Mardi Gras here Tuesday starting with the Madison Central Jazz Band. Ending with a train of dancers marching to OH WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN.  I USED TO MARCH AND WAVE WHATEVER I COULD.  Think I will sit and cheer them on.   Brings back memories of Bryan and his drummer days there.   He was a Star (to me.)  Lunch and dinner will be Mardi Gras theme.  Here is hoping they get that right.  I know there will beads to wear.  Join in the fun, whatever they offer. 
Betty Boop

No comments: