July 29, 2019

SUNDAY WAS GOOD

What could be better?  Church is always good.  Music, worship and friends.  Lunch with favorite family members is high on the list.  And my favorite Chinese eatery,  Mr. Chens's. I have talked about it before.  Am surprised not many I speak to about it, seem not to have heard of it.  It is unusual with it's Chinese grocery store.  Strange veggies I have never seen.  All kinds of products from China.  It's little section of china tea pots and other fun stuff makes me think of Chinatown in New York. Yesterday it was full of local Chinese with families.  The children are so cute. 
Balcony time was quiet and warm.  I submitted a small poem to the Library girls who make the poster for the board in the hall.     It 's title is what else but:          HOT
August is very hot!
Frisky, I'm not.
But I tell you what.
I read books a lot.    Short but fits the Library Board.  They make my little poem look good.

Betty Boop


  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Chen's grocery store is so entertaining he should charge admission. When I eat lunch there I usually take a little tour down the aisles just to look at the interesting foods. Ivey