June 29, 2020

BIG

My youngest is having a birthday.  I remember when she was born.  I have lost some memories for sure, but the birth of my girls, (3) of them, I remember well.  In those days Moms did not get to stay awake the whole process as they do now.  But I remember when I saw each one for the first time.  Another little girl and although I know Truman wanted a boy, he never showed that it really mattered if they were all girls.  He tried to make a boy of Amy by the many things they did together, but she grew into a beautiful and fine young woman.  I am proud of each one of my girls.  So different in many ways, yet alike also.  The older two were 7 & 9 when Amy was born.  She was like a doll to them.  Jan insisted I take her to show off at her class room and the teacher was so kind to let us. That was fun.  Jan's teacher asked to take Amy's booties off and show her little toes to the class. Did you mind that Amy? Of course not.  A babies toes were often looked  at as they were so sweet. Oh my, what a thing to remember.

BIG HAT & GLOVES just rushed by, and HANDS BEHIND HER BACK  swayed on by.  Now they have names. and now that  I have seen them I can get on with the day.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Amy, I am glad you were born.

Betty Boop

1 comment:

Amy said...

I’m glad too!