June 8, 2020

RAIN

As I look out today all I see is rain.  It took me back to a childhood memory, really my children too.  They had a book of Robert Louis Stevenson's poems.  I think I liked reading them as much as they loved hearing them.  Reading to them was a favorite memory.  This morning I had to look up the short poem I remembered. Wish I still had the book-Mr. Google has it.

                                                      RAIN

The rain is raining all around
It falls on field and sea.
It rains on umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.

Remember?  I can still see the illustrations of ships being rained on.  Of course Mr. Stevenson wrote many works that are remembered, but he captured the children books beautifully.

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Amy said...

I loved The Land of Counterpane about the sick little boy playing on his bed with toy soldiers. I may have the book here.

Dot said...

I thought the drawings were so sweet. I guess My love for rhyme came from reading to you. Remember the Molly (I think) at the Zoo? Mom