June 1, 2020

RED NECK SUPPER

Yes, red neck.  Our food service has been over the top to feed and entertain us at the same time.  Creative ways to keep us "oldies" happy.  They have done an amazing and tireless job.  Today is the last delivery to door thing.  Tomorrow we start walk through and pick up.  They have offered a complementary light meal for supper at night during this whole experience.  Good job.  One of the last "light" meals last night was just plain cute. They called it Red Neck Supper.  Summer sausage. cubes of  two kinds of cheese, salmon spread (pretty good), pimento cheese spread, grapes. and of course Moon Pie.  A memory from the past.  Crackers rounded off the meal.  My hats off to those who planned, prepared, and served it to the door with a friendly smile and hello.  It really helped and I for one will miss it.  But, we will forge on to the next  step of "coming out".  That will be progress.

Betty Boop













cheddar chees & Pepper Jack hot cheese, salmon spread, pretty good, pimento cheese spread. crackers, and what else? Moon pie .  Grapes too.  I enjoyed my red neck supper.  Actually it was a little fancy. except the Moon Pie.  That was a childhood memory.  I had to toss it because it was a lot of sugar.  My hats are off to those who planed the meals, the ones who prepared it, and those who served it at our door.  It really helped. Kind of got me spoiled.  But I am ready  to move on.

Betty Boop





No comments: