June 13, 2020

THOUGHTS WANDER ON


The cool of the Balcony led my thoughts to walking.  I do miss my old way of walking.  I thought of when we would go to South Texas near the Mexican border each Jan & Feb in our motor home.  We stayed in several different campgrounds over the years.  I remember one called Morningside.  Beautiful little village-like.  many were all season residents, so; they as people do, bonded 
 together in a sort of village.  Their small yards were full of flowers and treasures  from Mexico, (I call them.)  Many bird feeders and Mexican finds.   We loved walking each morning before it got too warm. How we loved going over the border into Mexico and shopping for stuff.  Other side trips were enjoyed.  Eating out and cooking local finds was a lot of fun in the small kitchen of the motor home.  Kind of like a little "play house."  Each morning from a good night's sleep on the best mattress I have ever had and looking over at my man and wondering what we would do today.  It was so good to get away from everyday life and just unwind.  Like no other form of travel and we did it all.  From the very fancy to the very ordinary. I am glad Truman was the traveling man he was.  I am glad I could go along for the ride.  It was wonderful.  Now I sit on the Balcony and remember.

Betty (down memory lane again) Boop

No comments: