July 25, 2020

AND THE RAIN CAME DOWN

I felt so sorry for the gate guard who delivered a rather large grocery order for me that Jan left at the gate.  They have such a pristine record of being perfect!!  But as she delivered them there was no rain though it did look threating.  As the guard put them in his golf cart to deliver them to me--the skies opened up and a deluge of rain came down on him.  Of course he got wet as did the delivery.  When I opened my door he stood like a wet rat.  Poor thing standing there apologizing and embarrassed.  The bags were wet and dripping and he said he had to go back and get the rest because he could not carry them all.  We got  them in and of course it was a mess.  Good thing, only 4 eggs got broken and I threw them out, but everything else survived o.k.  I hope I assured him that it was not his fault.  Then the sun came out.  Go figure. Will this madness ever go away.  I have leaned on so many to get through and I fear it is not going to change much soon. 

We are making progress here I think.  No cases to report. The dinning service has done a fantastic job.  They plan to add to the snack 2-4 walk through, cold stuff-fresh fruit cups, cold sandwiches, chicken salad, and more as time will let them.  Another good thing, as a sandwich would be good once in a while. Maybe tuna salad, which they do good.  We will see.  At least something else to look forward to.

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cancelled my scheduled dental appointment and eye exam appointment in June, thinking things would be safer later in the summer. Wish I had kept them because things are getting worse every day. I am amazed every day at the number of new cases. I am a recluse but at least I am a healthy recluse. Have a good day. Ivey

Dot said...

I have an appointment to get my AIC blood test I drive to a certain spot and call and they come to the car and draw blood. Imagine. O well, I am

not surprised at the creative ways they come up with to get it all done.

Betty Boop