July 3, 2020

BIG FAT RED TOMATO

My good neighbor Mary knocked on my door yesterday before supper time and handed me the most beautiful very ripe, big, tomato I have had in a while.  Her arms were full as she was giving all our hall residents  one.  So she could not stop to talk .   I will have to find out, when I thank her, where they came from. All my supper  plans of soup and salad flew out the window.  I would have a tomato sandwich for my supper.  It was ripe and ready.  Even though I eat whole wheat bread and not the traditional white I spread it with the best mayo (I think)  Hellmann's. I spread it sort of thick for this beauty.  I cooked turkey  bacon (something I am used to now.)  I leave the lettuce off, it just gets in the way  and clouds the subject.  Oh my, it was good.  Having some tomato left over, I had it with my scrambled egg for breakfast.  Another way to enjoy these summer treats.  Nothing like a good tomato.  It really made my day and I should be O.K.  Sometime it just takes the simple things to make me happy.

Betty Boop

2 comments:

Amy said...

I haven’t had a perfect tomato yet this season. Wish I knew someone with a garden.

Dot said...

Yes we could go by the light of the moon and raid the sleeping plants. All this stuff is making us crazy. MOM