July 8, 2020

BE CAREFUL

Be careful what you wish for.  You might get it.  I did.!! Yesterday going up in elevator from checking the mail, one of the guardsman got on with me delivering a gift bag to someone.  I said which floor, he said third.  I said I am on third, maybe that is for me (just joking) he said are you Dot Ellis, I said 2313.  He said this is for you.  I was surprised and delighted.  My two "local" daughters read my blog.  In the bag was three Chilton County peaches, a bottle of half-and-half, cash that I had run out of, baby squash, okra to cook, and I was thrilled to know how much they cared for me.  I used to think as people get older, they are not always given the attention they crave.  But I do.  How very blessed I am that they think of my needs and small pockets of extras too.  So I ate a peach, so good) and tucked away my money for later (need a haircut), plan to cook for me today, and I had "cream-in-my-coffee this morning, as I sat on the Balcony, just reflecting on my many blessings.

SWEETLY BE.
BETTY BOOP

No comments: