July 26, 2020

LET"s TRAVEL

Have you ever had fresh sweet, pineapple"--in your oatmeal!!  That is why I thought of travel and one of our favorite trips when we fulfilled  a dream of Truman's to return to Hawaii.  He served there in the Navy during WW11.  He had bittersweet memories of as a 21 year old, free; young man  He experienced so many new things.  He said it created a desire to see the world.  And we did try to see a lot of it.  Sweet memories for me too.  Back to the oatmeal.  I had this fresh pineapple from the dinning room and it prompted me to use it this morning.  Why not on oatmeal?  I eat oatmeal every other morning as "we" used to do.  I like it very much.  First time with pineapple.  Very good.  By the way the pineapple fields were so pretty in Hawaii.  They put pineapple in every thing we ate, it seemed. And oh, the  flowers were like I had never seen before.  I wore flowers every day in my hair.  Kind of like a second honeymoon!!  Oh, my I can see where this day is headed.  Down Memory Lane for sure.

Betty Boop

No comments: