March 2, 2021

42 and wet.

Not nice weather, but a good day out there.  I prefer to  look out with Bitsy this morning. Coffee not the same here at the Computer.  Read with interest when my niece wrote about the Pix theater in Fondren.  I remember it well.  It took me down memory lane when my kids went there in the 50's and beyond.  And skipped on to my movie days as a young girl going to movies on Capitol street.  There were 5 or 6 just on one street.  I went often and loved the way it transformed me every time I went.  The darkness and the smells and the way movies just took you away.  Truman had one of our first date in a movie.  Wish I could remember the title.  Of course I was focused on him and not so much the movie.  I also remember another date--my first love--  He held my hand and from time to time switched hands, where he held his handkerchief to wipe the sweat -- he was nervous I think.  16 or 17 years old was different in those days.  Now with Truman he was a man fresh from the Navy and thought he knew it all.  I spent the time removing his hands from my knee and other places.  He did not  know how innocent I was. But the Movies bring lots of memories.  

BETTY  BOOP

No comments: