March 9, 2021

PINE THICKET

 44 was great on Balcony.  Down before me is what I call the "PINE THICKET".  Old country saying.  It is planted with 12 tall pines.  They have grown taller than SCV's roof since I have been living at SCV 1O years.  Truman's cousin Winnie P. lived here when it first opened and we would visit her.  Her apartment was on my floor and across the way, facing the Lake.  I told Truman many time I would love to live here some day, never did I dream I would and enjoy the view so much.  I like to think she had a hand in planting the pines.  Maybe she did.  There are old fashioned cedar trees (two). a holly tree, popcorn tree,  and a Bradford pear.  an old bird bath, many small shrubs, Azalea. bulbs of some kind.  I know some of this has been planted since she lived here, but she would have approved.  They from time to time place new pine straw all around and with the 3 bluebird  houses there, it peaks my imagination every time I observe it.  Thank you Winnie for loving SCV too. BETTY BOOP


No comments: