June 29, 2021

HOT HOT ALREADY

 I almost hope the deck workers take a day off for their safety.  Don't like to see them get so hot.  I notice they drink a lot of water. Good for them.  Well it so happens, it is hard to close the doors to the MEMORY BANK after all.  Should have known better.  As rich as MY "account " is, it would be hard to forget.  Yesterday as I decided to play a little music on CD.  I have a rather old one called 1946. That is the year of my courtship and marriage.  Many songs were uplifting right after the WW11.  Some sweet and sad and some full of hope.  I loved them all.  As I listened-GOOD NIGHT IRENE came on.  Brought back early day of our marriage, when we had our first apartment across the street from Truman's brother Cecil and Irene.  Irene was like a welcomed sister to me.  I loved her.  She taught me many new things, as a new bride.  I bet she got tired of me walking home from work with her as we trudged up to  old Northview Drive to our homes.  She would always invite me in for coffee as she washed her nurse stockings for the next day.  I thought she was very special to be a Nurse and confidant to me.  So many happy memories as we went through life and family together.  Later retired years we traveled in RV's all over the country and had such good times.  How can I close the door to those days?  I can't and wont.

BETTY (traveling today) BOOP


No comments: