July 3, 2022

BITTER SWEET

Strange word- Bittersweet." Must look it up. But this I know-- how it feels to be bittersweet. It means, having a ball and then it is gone. Except for the memories. They are playing over and over in my mind this morning. I did have a wonderful time with the family on the beautiful Gulf beach of Ala. Yet my mind is so full, and it seemed to go fast. I just enjoyed looking and listening to the talking going on between those who don't get to see each other often. Especially in such a wonderful way. So much to catch up on and listen to stories (from the "old girl") who knows nothing but old stuff. New to the younger ones. I could tell you more and I will, it is so much to talk about our trip. But the first is how I felt when we always join hands in the circle each night before dinner and someone says a blessing as we bow and hold hands. Little ones peek and so do I. I remember how Truman would squeeze my hand so hard. How proud he would have been that we all make an effort to be there each year. This is getting long, and it will continue tomorrow as I will try to tell of our WONDERFUL COOKS and how they fed us like royalty. But I tell you this I DID HAVE A WONDERRFUL TIME, thanks to many, many, loved ones.

BETTY (still remembering) BOOP

p. s. memories will last.

No comments: