July 29, 2022

RED LETTER DAY

Red Letter Day because I get a haircut at 11 o'clock. Much needed and am glad the operators are back from a short close down. Bet they are too. Anyway, as usual, I thought about haircuts. When I was a little girl, most girls had a haircut that they called a Buster Brown There was a picture of a little boy, I think on kid's shoes. I believe he was with his dog that I assumed was named Buster. Now my memory may be faded, and I have been known to make up things as a child and seems I have never put away childish thoughts and stories as well. so, I may be totally wrong on Buster Brown. He had a haircut like me, and I liked him. Mine was given to me by my mother. Sometimes she got my bangs too short, and it was embarrassing. Oh, well, I was embarrassed too easy in those days. Girls do you remember sitting on the red and chrome kitchen stool in the back yard, as I gave you haircuts?

BETTY (sorry for the mess I made of a haircut) BOOP

p. s. just one childhood embarrassment.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Buster Brown was the little boy and his bulldog was named Tige. He had a girlfriend named Mary Jane. They were all in a comic strip before they were mascots for shoes.