July 20, 2022

HAD TO LOOK FOR A SHADY SPOT.

Hard to find shade. But here is one. Inside, little office space before my computer. Need to name it. My computer. I name everything else. How about OLD BETSY? No, too much like my long-gone BITSY. HILDA? MERRY? GETAWAY? HIDEAWAY? I know, PLAIN JANE. That is me. Some people can make a Blog out of nothing. That is my talent. Or tell what I had for breakfast. Which was an old favorite. Egg-in-Hole, fresh peach, turkey bacon, cranberry juice, and coffee. Very Good. Fixed it myself. So, I can eat in my "nightie" and look out at the world and enjoy. My coffee cup was the one my neighbor gave me one Christmas. The Sophisticated Lady who looks like a "flapper". Do you know what a "flapper" is or was? In the 1920's a young woman who was considered bold and unconventional. So, MR. WEBSTER SAYS. Just a bit before my time, but in the prime of my mother's days. Don't think she was a real "flapper". But who knows for sure? I like to think of those brave young women. I could never be that. 

BETTY (wish I could) BOOP

p. s. How about you?







No comments: