May 15, 2020

BACK TO BLUE

Blue is my favorite.  So just right.  Goes with everything.  I am getting to like ZOOM.  Yesterday I got to see some of my family.  Jan, Cary, Leila, Brody, Emily and Amy.  We talked and showed fun things and Brody even read a favorite book Nana sent.  We looked at Amy's cats and dog and Bitsy.  We all enjoyed the visit.

I did an old fashioned thing.  I had a sweet potato that was begging to be baked. It was sprouting leaves.  I cut that part off-baked the rest and it was so good.  I stuck toothpicks all around the end I cut off and suspended it in water in a jar.  It is growing like mad.  Marbles and rocks in the bottom look pretty.  I am sure other root type veggies would sprout.  Do you know of any?  I believe my Mother used to do this. She loved to grow anything.  Flowers!!  Her veg garden was always plenty for us.  Daddy would dig anything she asked him to.  I thought nothing of it at the time.  But as I grow older and wiser, I realize a garden was necessary for everyone then.  These day  while I have been thinking a lot, I believe a lot of people are thinking of "the good old days when the living was easy." Those days had plenty of bad times too.

Betty Boop

No comments: