May 19, 2020

FIG NEWTONS

Let  us write in brown today - a nod to Fig Newtons.  Remember  them?  They have been around a while. Since 1891.  Looked them up on computer. Lot to read about how and why they were first made.  Named for Newton, Mass. and have nothing to do with Sir. Isaac Newton.  Well, read about it for yourself, if you are looking for something useless to do.  The reason I did was because I had one on my dinner tray last night.  Kind of sweet, so I only ate a half. Brought back childhood memories (again.)  I would buy a small box with my small change. They are very rich and a small cookie was satisfying. All this to say , Good Morning.  Let us go on our way today and see what else useless things we can discover.  As Truman used to say about information he knew- "But it does not make me any money."  I declare, he was a wise man.

BettyBoop

No comments: