May 11, 2020

LOT GOING ON

Busy Monday so far.  You do know Monday is "wash day."  Needed socks and gowns and shirts washed.  Was pleased to find no one in the laundry room.  They are in the dryer now. so I am resting.  That laundry does take a lot out of a person.  Just that short walk down the hall can get you tired.  Then you have to lift those dirties in the machine, fish out quarters and start it up, making sure the temp is right.  Whew!! I have to sit down.  Just kidding.  You know we do have it better than the ladies of long age.  Well not that long ago.  We have come a long way --fast.  Seems we are taking a step backward now with all the unknowns we face.  But I bet even some things like doing laundry will change.  We are living in a history making time.  Some day our grandchildren or even great grands will have to study the history we are living through now.  Some of our own kids are also living through strange times. I guess we are always making history.  Great thinker-I am.  Had a beautiful Mother's Day when all three of my girls did ZOOM.  It was so good to talk them as especially when I could see their faces.  Very special.

Betty Boop

No comments: