May 3, 2020

GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW

No not your ducks, Mr. & Mrs. Canada geese who have taken up residence at SCV.  The maintenance crew look for nest and sad to say destroy eggs to keep them from taking over.  Well they missed a nest to the joy and glee of this couple.  I saw them with papa goose proclaiming, in his annoying voice, victory yesterday.  I looked out to see what the noise was.  It looked like a long gator floating in the middle of the Lake.  With Pop in lead of 7, yes 7  babies geese with mom bringing up a protective rear.  My how they strutted and went the length of the Lake.  Now they will be permanent residents.  I understand they stay where they are hatched.  So they will, unless they are captured and moved to a better home.  I doubt that will happen.  There is too much else for them to take care of now.  So this may be a happy ending according to who you are.  I wonder where they could hide till the babies were old enough to swim?  They appeared to be half grown, big enough that the turtles can't harm them.  The story made the Villager.  So did my last poem about how my hair is growing.  When I walked yesterday outside in front.  I passed two "girls" who liked my poem.  Mary Ann asked for another one for the June issue.  Think I have an idea, just waiting for it to "jell." 

Betty (very chatty) today.

No comments: