August 24, 2021

76 already?

I have heard the sound of School starting.  LOCUST!!!  No mistake.  Nothing like them.  Always a marvel. I associate them with early Fall and the start of school. I have a few memories there.  They are fading fast.  So some may not be accurate. I remember going with classmates to sing on the radio.  I guess we were pretty good or just the average little kids.  Who knows what they were thinking.  I just know my friend Lois and I were super excited to go.  Downtown Jackson and ride on an elevator to the top of a building on Capitol street. Can't remember which one, if I even knew then  one from the other. But apparently there was once a radio  station there.  I remember being put at the front of the group,  Not because I could sing that good, but because I was the shortest one everywhere I went.  A "perk" sometime.  I think we sang something like AMERICA.  Because we did that one with such gusto.  Anyway one little girl was super thrilled. Can't take that away from me. I do remember thinking we were going to miss lunch at school.  Go figure.

BETTY (faded memories) BOOP

No comments: