August 30, 2021

STILL HERE

I did not lose and sleep over the storm.  Slept like a baby.  Trusting?  Or plain dumb.  But what could I do about the weather?  Nothing.  I just let my favorite weather team take care of that.  I do miss the Balcony this morning.  It is still raining and very wet.  Oh, no, I forgot to bring in the chair pads.  They are a soggy mess now.  I really need new ones.  But just like everything else, I haven't been able to shop for them.  I thought about my Daddy.  I think I have told this but maybe not.  He was very afraid of storms.  Grew up where they had a lot  and they had storm shelters built into the side of hills.  I remember seeing one behind the old house where he grew up.  I think that influenced his fear. also he was a very young man in WWI and served in France.  Mother said he suffered from nightmares about the war.  Never would talk about it. In those days they knew little about treatment for the terrible memories they suffered.  He would get up during night storms and get dressed and pace the floor, wait till they stopped.  I was young and did not understand.  I think how different parents handle events for kids now.  

The tall pine trees before my Balcony are swaying.  Excuse me while I go get dressed.!!!!

BETTY(hanging on to childhood memories) BOOP   

3 comments:

Karen Buffington said...

Glad you're ok! We lost power for about 2 hours. Hoping we keep it. Love hearing all the old stories from your memory bank!

Dot said...

Been thinking about you and Jeff. Glad you are o. k. Jeff, How about a poem.? Old or new. I am trying to get in the mood. no success yet. Aunt Dot

Karen Buffington said...

I will have him email you some!!