August 31, 2021

FROM DREAM TO BLOG

Don't you love sweet dreams?  I had one last night.  Thankful for not nightmares about the storm and other worries.  I dreamed I was at a garage sale.  My Church it seemed.  I found my pretty pink blouse that I wore at our wedding.!!  Just as plain as for real.  It was light pink and made of silk.  Padded shoulders (the style in 1946)  The suit I wore was sky blue.  I remember my Mother and I shopped for my wedding clothes.  I was very smart and had a savings account.  Mom and Dad could not really afford a lavish wedding.  O. K. with me, but I did buy my wedding outfit and a few other must have"s. My mother even made my "first" night nightgown and beautiful lace robe.  The gown was her hand work completely.  The robe was made from old lace.  I still have it, though in sad repair.  Did not store it well.  And I do still have the blouse.  But to see it in my dream was both surprising and very touching.  Wish I could have more dreams like that.  Thankfully I can remember the best ones.  

BETTY BOOP

P. S. Maybe today would be a good day to find the blouse and nighties in the storage cage.  Or should I just let good things rest in peace? BB.

No comments: