August 15, 2021

AHHH 78 degrees

I needed a treat this morning for breakfast.  Those of you who must follow a Diabetic diet, know it can be a challenge sometime to make someting good happen.  I have over  the years created a few ways to do that.  French toast is one.  Mine is not as sweet or as delightful as what you get at famous resturants.  But will pass with sugar-free syrup or without  powdered sugar on top.  Actually all that does not sound good to me anymore.  I sifted through my mind and remembered the Log Cabin syrup of old with the little tin 
 log cabin container.  Remember?  In my little girl days, that must have been special to get the little tin cabin of syrup, because we usually had homemade syrup from Daddy's family who lived in the sugar cane land and made their own.  Today I had Log Cabin syrup. only sugar-free.  O. K. It tasted sweet.   I remember visiting Grandparents in the country of Holmes County, and watching them make syrup.  I did not like the taste of it.  But to chew on bites of raw sugar cane was fun.

BETTY( often wished I had been a "country" girl) BOOP 

No comments: