August 6, 2021

NEWBIE??

I don't know if new, but I haven't seen this before.  I saw a mother sparrow feeding her little one this morning.  He (or she) was so patient.  She would take a crumb of whole wheat cracker(nothing but the best for my friends) and eat it herself and then hop to baby, who's beak was wide open, drop another crumb  in his beak and repeat the prosses.  The baby did not make a sound, just waited so in place that I wondered if he was alright. Seemed unusual to me, but so is Nature.  A gaggle of Canada Geese flew over  with much to do.  Over the Lake they circled.  Did not land, just swooped back over my Balcony up close and took off again.  Did you not feel welcome this morning?  Maybe they saw me watching.   Resident Egret strolled the bank, looking for breakfast. We all need a good one to start our day.  I sure enjoy mine. 

If I did not have the Balcony to see the world nor a good breakfast to  write about, what else is left?  My poor outdated advice is not needed anymore, so I will keep those thoughts under wrap.  SO BE IT.

BETTEY (rambling again)  BOOP 



 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SCV is a beautiful place. You are fortunate to live there. The morning view from my patio is woods and a small pond. No interesting humans to observe but I do have an occasional squirrel. I am fortunate too. Life if good. Ivey

Dot said...

I DO REMIND MYSELF EACH DAY OF HOW BLESSED I AM. A POND AND WOODS SOUD GREAT TO ME. JUST TO LOOK AT THE CHANGES MUST BE FUN TOO. DOT