August 27, 2021

STORM - BREWING

While sitting on Balcony, I sometime wonder what will come to mind to write.  This morning, who remembers the GREAT A & P? My first get-away after becoming a stay-at-home Mom At first we only had one car.  I got to keep it on Fridays.  Off I would go with my cute little sweet baby --Amy.  She got to ride in the buggy and take in the sights. I remember in those days, a bag boy would take your cart of groceries to the car.  I think I gave him a dime.  Big tipper.  In this case the "bag boy" was this long time employee who was a kind and polite black man, who worked there for years.   He liked to push Amy out in the cart seat.  Would laugh and tease her.  I think she even remembers it.  Or we told her about it.  Later when she was in school and we had a second car, they all remember that I  brought candy from my grocery trip and put it at the end of their bed each Friday.  And do you remember the little 25 cent LITTLE GOLDEN BOOKS bought almost every Friday from the A & P?  I may have the sequence of events mixed, but so what else is new. Ahh Memories--How They Linger.  (another old song.)

BETTY (at it again) BOOP

1 comment:

Amy said...

Of course I remember the A&P! I especially loved the science encyclopedias we bought week by week. Charles and Katie and I would devour them every time I got one. Thanks for instilling my love for reading! Also don’t forget Morgan Lindsey next door.