August 4, 2021

Ahhhhh!!!!!! 69 degrees

A gentle breeze and 69 degrees is not bad at all.  How it makes me think back to long ago as a little girl.  August  and getting ready for school.  Those days we started school right after Labor Day.  My kids did too.  Gradually it has become sooner.  With air conditioning now, it is much better.  In my day it could still be hot some September days.  New clothes could get itchy.  New shoes and everything new.  I dearly loved the new school stuff in my book satchel (as we called them  then).  I still, like others I have heard to say, the smell of a jar of paste and crayons sent dreams of creating pictures to hang around the school room.  Primary colors only.. kids have it better now.  And lunch in the school  "Lunch" room, as it was called.  Still  smell the veg. soup,  as we went down the stairs to the basement room. Ice cream in little Dixie cups with their sweet little wooden spoons. Ah, sweet memories and yet  scared as I was I,  strived to do my best.  Just the average student, but wanting to be more.

BETTY(at it again)BOOP

 

No comments: