August 11, 2021

THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER

Research on "Dog Days of Summer is extensive. Can't tell it all.  Some is made up of old time sayings and then the real ones.  It apparently is named for the Dog Star Sirius, because during July and August it rises and sets with the sun.  I always picture the old hot dog, who has few sweat glands, under a tree, panting from the heat.  I learned too much about it really.  I wrote a poem about it a while ago.  I will have to look it up, but right now It is too hot to work. 

Meanwhile, back at the Ranch, things go on.  Haven't seen the White Cowboy Hat any more.  His work is done, I guess. Few walkers-understandable.  But I did worry about one yesterday when about 3'oclock when he should have been inside, he was walking around the Lake, stopping  every now and then, bending over and pulling weeds I guess from the cracks in the sidewalk.   Oh how I was glad when he finally finished his "job" and gave it up. So foolish of him. in this heat.

BETTY (being more careful) BOOP

  

No comments: