May 16, 2022

67 degrees

 Back home to SCV, from a most wonderful weekend at Leroy Percy State Park in the Delta. Arrived in the rain, but that soon stopped, and the rest of week was glorious weather. Lake was calm and peaceful, and we watched for alligators and Egrets. And the birds made you feel like you were at a beautiful concert on the Lake. We sat on the screened porch and just talked and listened to each other. No TV or phone service. Kind of a shock, but nice. And the food was as usual-fantastic. Now. as some people think, snacks and nick-nacks for us. NO- Just well-planned meals and plenty of it. We are old pros at this and really do it up right. Highlight for me, when Chef T. makes his signature pancakes. Oh, my, they are out of this world. Can't describe all the dishes our super cooks displayed, and you would think that was all we did. But we just enjoyed everyone and their memories of campouts before and being brought up on our lives in general. I am so glad my family deeply love each other and care about what is happening in each life. 

My birds missed me here and I saw a beautiful Bluebird come to my cracker crumbs this morning.  The beautiful Calla Lily, daughter # 3 brought me is right at home on balcony. I got some new presents from # 1 So thoughtful. Must stop. there is much more to say. but need to come back down to earth, (not a bad thing) but day to day life is calling.

BETTY (laundry does not do itself) BOOP 

p.s. last night we had a campfire outside, and it was great -- no somemores? That is o. k. did not need them anyway!!

No comments: