May 5, 2022

CINCO De MAYO

Never heard of it till I was grown up. I don't think we have always celebrated it. We spent a couple of months each year (January & February). after Truman retired on the border of Mexico and Texas. Toured part of Mexico and all the little Texas towns around. Good times and I saw nothing but Mexicans. Beautiful children. Care-Free days they were. Newly retired and we did much travel. Well, today at SCV we celebrate with an afternoon snack of Chips & Salsa & Margarits!!  But, alas, I have an appointment to see my dermatologist. Can't get rid of this redness and dryness around my mouth with over-the-counter meds. Must be something I can't treat. Maybe I will get back in time to at least pick up an afternoon treat?  Doesn't matter, I have missed things like that before.

BETTY (dreaming again) BOOP 

p. s. I loved that big old motor home and the times I spent with the love-of-my life. 


No comments: