March 11, 2023

PIE IN THE SKY

 Do you know how a phrase sticks in your mind and you wonder where it comes from? it happens to me a lot. Therefore I "look it up" sometime and learn a little about a lot of things. As Truman used to say, "But it does not earn me any money." I learned "Pie in the sky" goes back to 1900 in a song. And it is too detailed to write. So again LOOK IT UP. Interesting story. Made me think of the pies my Mother made. She did not have electric mixer in the early days. So how did she make the egg whites so fluffy. ? She beat them with the hand beater. What an invention. Called an Egg Beater. Took some fast and strong hands. She did not need special classes for exercise. My, I made many a pie in my early days too. No more. Now it is just "Pie in the Sky" for me. In both ways--to make and to eat.

BETTY (poor me) BOOP

p. s. what is your favorite? Mine is chocolate!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lemon Ice Box! So easy to make, so bad for my diet. However, there are not many kinds of pie that I will turn down. Ivey