December 6, 2020

34--HERE I AM ON BALCONY

LAUGH if you will, for this is funny.  I was determined to come out on Balcony this beautiful Sunday morning.  Warmly wrapped and hot coffee, it was wonderful for a short while.  Clouds are beautiful.  The sun now rises over the cross over the Chapel, except the sun is hidden by clouds.  I know it is there, and will be a sunny day.  I saw one lone duck making a V-shaped stream behind him as he swam up lake.  Where is everyone?  I am drinking coffee from a Christmas cup with Santa putting out toys under the Tree for Santa. I loved doing that.  The excitement was almost too much, to see little girls discover their wants and surprises too.  Something magical about it.  Hard to get them to eat nothing but treats from their stockings instead of breakfast.  I am sure we broke that rule.  I did not have a fancy stocking like kids have now when I was a little girl.  Mine was one of my ugly knee socks that I wore in the winter.  Never mind, IT looked good to me,  An orange in the toe, strange nuts we only saw at Christmas, hard candy and I forget what else.  Always magical to explore new things we only had at Christmas.  Oh, yes always raisins on their stems.  Ever seen those. Ahh memories, how they linger and fade at the same time.

BETTY BOOP

No comments: