December 25, 2020

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

My Christmas breakfast was a treat.  JIMMY DEAN and I shared  a sausage English muffin with egg white and cheese.  and a juicy Navel orange, juice & coffee.  What a beautiful sunrise, brought hope for the day and the future. Oranges used to be a treat at Christmas.  As I would empty my old knee sock, nothing fancy then, I would always find an orange in the toe.  Always hard Christmas candy, nuts I only saw at Christmas.  Oh we had pecans and peanuts all the time, but Christmas brought kinds we did not have the year around.  Always a small toy or socks or fancy panties to my delight.  Some years' I am sure now it was a struggle to provide a Christmas for me.  I was the only child for 12 years, but those were hard times during the 30's.  But provide they did. I can't really remember wanting for anything. (except a bike, never had one)  Today is so different.  To each it's own.  I am again inside looking out at the day opening.  28 is just too cold for the Balcony.     Hope you all have a good day and I wish for a good year for all. BETTY BOOP


No comments: