December 24, 2020

37 NO, NO!

 Christmas Eve. In the "old days" I would be busy.  I am talking real old days.  When we would go to my Mother's for Christmas Eve.  Children small and brother and his family would come.  Mama's small house never seemed too  crowded.  She fried chicken for us and many sides.  Something for everyone.   How she worked for that perfect time.  She always said it was her Christmas and she could do it all.  We have tried to carry on the tradition though she is not with us except in spirit.  So is Truman, brother and his wife are also no longer with us.  And now we can't even get together.  Thanks for the sweet memories and for all who are still with us.  We will do it again next year.

SWEETLY BE

Betty Boop  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

getting our fried chicken today!!

linda

wvrhodes said...

We will, too!

wvrhodes said...

Hooray! I can comment. For so long my comments wouldn’t post; I don’t know why, but this is a nice Christmas gift.

Dot said...

Whitney, glad to hear from you. Can't explain cyber world. Glad you are back. Merry Christmas and a better New year. MaMaw

Karen Buffington said...

Missing you all!! Merry Christmas everyone!!