December 9, 2021

NOT TOO BAD

The clouds were pretty this morning.  Makes me wish , again. that I could paint.  But then, who could capture the beauty?  I saw a jet cut through the clouds, leaving its vapor behind.  Someone is off  to somewhere.  I like it here.  My fast and sturdy couple  just hurried by.  Much going on here.  First Baptist Senior Choir from Madison, sang for us.  So beautiful.  Made me miss our SCV Choir that I sang in for a few years.  My voice is gone, even if they ever start it up again, I probably will have to just listen. Always wanted to know how we sounded!!  All my Angels are gone to their homes and so far, well welcomed.  I miss them, and I thinking, maybe I will make a few to just "play with." No, I guess not. Also bought honey from the Honey Couple, from Canton.  They have been coming ever since I came here.  I had about a teaspoon on my Rye toast and it tasted so fresh and good.  Well enough of this chatter.  Reminds of the doll-of-the 50"s--CHATTY CATHY?  Remember her?"Think she drove everyone crazy with her chatter. Also brings back my Christmas dolls.  I did love them.  They were dressed in new clothes and stayed pretty till I loved them too much. I  think my Mother loved giving them to me.  

BETTY (driving you crazy with my chatter) BOOP     

3 comments:

Amy said...

Christmas dolls? I haven’t heard about those.

Dot said...

I REMEMBER 2 0R THREE THAT STOOD OUT. OF COURSE SHIRLY TEMPLE. I HAD TWO AT DIFFERENT ONES.THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL DOLLS,I WANTED CURLS OF MY OWN, ONE HAD A DRESS WITH RED POKA DOTS. I ACTUALLY HAD A DRESS LIKE HERS. ALL LITTLE GORLS WANTED TO DRESS LIKE HER. ANOTHER TWO DOLL I REMEMBER ALSO, THE DIONE QUINTRIPPLETS FIRST SURVIVING QUINTS THEN. OF COIURSE THEY WERE VERY POPULAR THE WORLD OVER. THE DOLLS WERE SO CUTE AND REAL LOOKING. I HAD A BABY ONE AND THEN LATER A LITTLE GIRL. ONE WAS NAMED EMILY AND THE ANOTHER ANNETTE. THEN ONE OF MY FAVORITES WAS A BABY RUBBER DOLL THAT I GAVE BATHS TO AND POWDERED HIM AND DRESSED HIM A LOT. WHEN I THINK BACK, I MUST HAVE NAMED HIM FOR A FAVORITE COUSIN JIMMY Y. WHEN MOTHER TOOK ME DOWNTOWN TO SHOP ON CAPITOL STREET, WOOLSWORTH 5 & 10 CENT STORE, AS WE CALLED THEM, HAD TOYS AND I WOULD BEG FOR DOLLS, THEY WERE SMALL AND MADE OF GLASS. SOMETIME 5 OR MORE IN LITTLE FLAT BOXES. WHAT TREASURES THEY WERE. THAT IS SOME OF THE DOLLS I REMEMBER. LEFT MY DOLLS AT HOME WHEN I MARRIED AND MY MOTHER GAVE THEM AWAY TO A LITTLE GIRL I DID NOT EVEN KNOW. I AM SURE MOTHER GOT TIRED OF KEEPING THEM. MOM

Amy said...

Wish we had them all still. I still have all of mine. Even Shirley Temple. Let’s get them out and play with them!