April 16, 2022

NEW-----MAYBE

It may not be new to you, but to me it was a first. I had a small amount of sugar free fruit cocktail left over. Being brought up to be frugal, I said, eat it. I put it into my oatmeal this morning. Poured the remaining juice in my orange juice. Was good and as they say, "with a cherry on top.

O. K. that said, on to something else. Do you remember your Easter basket as a child. I remember some. But what stands out was the big chocolate hollow egg, with my name on it. Somewhere downtown, maybe Woolworth's, would sell them and someone would write names in white icing. Special for sure. Of course it was decorated with flowers or something in pretty colors. Hard to break it up and eat it. I remember sometime it would have an opening in the side and you could peek at a surprise inside. Flower, eggs, or bunny. Anyway it was a great thing then. I loved the "good times" when I would get a stuffed bunny. I am sure my childhood memories are greatly embellished and bet yours are too .

BETTY (just enjoying the memories) BOOP

p. s. enjoy these moments first.




No comments: